[erlang-questions] [SPAM] Master failed to compile on OSX 10.11.5

Mikael Pettersson mikpelinux@REDACTED
Thu Jun 2 12:11:09 CEST 2016

Leo Liu writes:
 >  CC	obj/x86_64-apple-darwin15.5.0/opt/smp/erl_bif_os.o
 >  CC	obj/x86_64-apple-darwin15.5.0/opt/smp/erl_bif_lists.o
 > beam/beam_emu.c:5344:51: error: use of undeclared identifier 'next'
 >                                   "<unknown/%p>", next);
 >                                                   ^

Unbound variable inside an #ifdef USE_VM_PROBES block.  I notice a similar
block much earlier in the file, and there 'next' _is_ bound.  Could be a
misapplied patch, a broken refactoring, or something like that.

 > beam/beam_emu.c:5414:3: error: indirect goto in function with no
 >       address-of-label expressions
 >                 Goto(*I);
 >                 ^

Inside #ifdef ERTS_DIRTY_SCHEDULERS.  Looks like a blatant bug.  Like the
compiler said, there are no &&label expressions in that function, so the
indirect goto would have nowhere legitimate to go to, if it ever was to
execute.  And despite some claims, you cannot goto from one function to
another and except things to work reliably.