[erlang-questions] Erlang offensive paper

Lukas Larsson garazdawi@REDACTED
Wed Jun 1 16:10:01 CEST 2016

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 3:51 PM, Eric des Courtis <
Eric.desCourtis@REDACTED> wrote:

> I would be nice if BEAM could address these issues (not Erlang) so that
> new more secure languages could be implemented on the BEAM.

What makes you think that you cannot do that today? The only thing I see is
missing from the vm is the possibility to run different distribution
drivers at the same time, but if you use the same driver for all of them,
then you can definitely implement what you describe today, especially if
you are willing to rewrite parts of net_kernel. It's not a small task to
do, but very possible without changing the VM.