[erlang-questions] rpc call from erlang node to cnode

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Sun Jul 31 10:16:33 CEST 2016

Hi Arun,

Well, it is possible to do RPC calls in all directions, but what is missing
is a framework on the cnode that will handle it. An RPC call is simply a
mesage from a node to another. Cnodes are not beam VMs and you would have
to implement code that receives the message, interpret it to find out what
to call (because cnodes know nothing about Erlang code and libraries),
execute the call and return the result as another message.

My guess is that cnodes were thought in the beginning to serve as "inputs"
in the system, interfacing with the world. This has partially been
superseded by NIFs.

Why do you need to make RPC calls to a cnode?

best regards,
Vlad