[erlang-questions] Better way to check if a set of keys exists in a mnesia table?

Chaitanya Chalasani cchalasani@REDACTED
Fri Jul 15 12:47:55 CEST 2016

I have a table with an UUID as the primary key / first element of the record.

What is the efficient way to check if a given set of UUIDs are valid primary key for that table.

I can think for three different solutions -
use mnesia:all_leys(TableName) and perform lists subset check. However, if the table contains over a million records, fetching all the keys for every check isn’t a nice solution.
use mnesia:read(TableName, Key) and check on the response. However, if the row is a big enough, trying to get the whole row for a simple key check isn’t that good either.
use ets:member(TableName, Key). A better solution than the above but doesn’t work on remote tables.

Which one of the above is the least bad solution or is there a better one hidden under the documents.

/Chaitanya