[erlang-questions] Programing Erlang - second editon Chapter 25

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Wed Jan 27 14:49:48 CET 2016

On 01/27, Jesper Louis Andersen wrote:
>It would be worthwhile to provide a 18.x-ready version of Bitcask
>anyway,
>though, because eventually they will need to upgrade :)

We got bitcask to work with 18.x at Heroku using rebar3 with the
following entries in our rebar.config file:

    {deps, [
        {bitcask, {git, "https://github.com/basho/bitcask.git", {branch, "develop"}}},
    ]}.

    {overrides, [
        {override, bitcask, [
            {erl_opts, [
                 warnings_as_errors, debug_info,
                 {platform_define, "^[0-9]+", namespaced_types},
                 {parse_transform, lager_transform}
            ]},
            {deps, [lager]},
            {plugins, [pc]},
            {artifacts, ["priv/bitcask.so"]},
            {provider_hooks, [
                {post, [{compile, {pc, compile}},
                        {clean, {pc, clean}}]}
            ]}
        ]}
    ]}.

It's quite a mouthful, but with these modifications we've been able to
run it fine on 18.x until upstream support is in.

Regards,
Fred.