[erlang-questions] When does lager logs into crash.log?

Martin Koroudjiev mrtndimitrov@REDACTED
Fri Jan 22 17:54:26 CET 2016

Hello,

I've set lager with the following options:

{crash_log, "../logs/crash.log"},
{error_logger_redirect, true},

and had a function with deliberate error:

dummy = application:get_env(myapp, test).

This results in badmatch. But there is no entry in crash.log. I had
configured another log file warning.log that gets populated with a
one-liner but I would like to see the detailed report in crash.log.

What am I missing? Do I understand correctly that crash.log should
contain detailed report of all crashes?

I also tried with lager:critical() and crash.log doesn't get populated.

Thank you,
Martin