[erlang-questions] How to manage C ports that are suppose to handle a very high number of requests

Arshad Ansari arshadansari27@REDACTED
Thu Aug 25 15:01:03 CEST 2016

Hello there,

I had earlier asked about how to access LuaJIT from erlang [
http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2016-August/089939.html
<http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2016-August/089939.html\>]
and based on the responses, I decided to go with C port. It was working all
great. Except, when I tried to call the same C-Port [luajit] code from
erlang-diameter server. Since the requests were high, but not very high
(approx 10K per second), the code fails with stack overflow on c side.

Now I thought, I would create a seperate C port for each requests but that
would mean there will be around 10K c-port processes. I'm now wondering how
to handle this size of requests from the c port. Any help or direction is
appreciated. Please let me know if my question is not clear. I'm attaching
the code to access lua that works with single instance of c-port process.

Regards
Arshad

erl_com.c contains code to send/receive data from c side
port.c runs the lua code and has main
script.lua
relay.erl starts the relay server and c port to talk to lua
relay_cb.erl handles requests and communicates with lua