[erlang-questions] Is ejabberd/MongooseIM not a good choise for mobile IM?

Mickaël Rémond mremond@REDACTED
Tue Apr 26 12:44:48 CEST 2016

Hello,

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 3:53 PM Caiyun Deng <dcy.dengcaiyun@REDACTED>
wrote:

> Hi! I want to develop a mobile IM app, i searched something about.
> Because xmpp is heavyweight, is ejabberd/MongooseIM not a good choise for
> mobile IM?
> If you develop a mobile IM today, which tool will you choose?
>

>From experience building infrastructure for mobile applications, ejabberd
is a very good choice.
A good way to understand how it can help is to watch XMPP Academy video
series:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXeQZzENE-sJsivVxEvfPP-4nBfDhDqH-

Many of the questions address are around mobile support.

I hope this helps,

--
Mickaël Rémond