[erlang-questions] Elixir vs. Erlang

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Tue Apr 26 04:59:11 CEST 2016

On 24/04/16 9:54 PM, Michał Muskała wrote:
>> I m tired of such versus.

We seem to be in danger of forgetting the context.
The original poster asked for advice a while back on whether to use
Erlang or Elixir for a project.  Now, we get thanks and a report on
the decision.  There was actually nothing to discuss.

Nobody was ever suggesting that Elixir should not exist or that
Erlang should no longer exist or anything like that.

Just today I was looking at an R package I hadn't met before.
Some of it is written in Fortran, and a fair bit of support code in
R is written in C.  As a user of the package, my only reason to
care is knowing what compilers I need to have installed.

Is there *one* web page somewhere listing recent compilers
for BEAM-hosted languages?  (Yes, I have done a web search.)