[erlang-questions] How to keep adding items to a data structure

Donald Steven t6sn7gt@REDACTED
Sun Apr 24 23:24:05 CEST 2016

Thanks Oliver, I appreciate your note. I understand that a list can
contain different elements, as you've indicated.  That's wonderful! And
I have that book on order.  What I'm so frustrated by is, apparently, in
order to extend a list by adding new musical events, that I have to keep
creating new lists, like:

List1 = [musical-event],
List2 = List1 ++ [new-musical-event],
List3 = List2 ++ [new-musical-event],
List4 = List3 ++ [new-musical-event],
etc.

all the way to perhaps a few thousand.  This is primitive and absurd.  I
need a better solution, whether it's a list or an array or a record.

Don