[erlang-questions] Command-line application libraries?

Nick Marino nmarino@REDACTED
Fri Apr 15 17:57:44 CEST 2016

Hi Roger, not sure if this reply is too late to be helpful, but I was just
catching up on mailing list posts and thought I'd weigh in:

Clique is definitely designed to be used with Cuttlefish. Cuttlefish is
listed as a dependency of Clique's in rebar.config, and Clique has several
builtin commands that integrate with Cuttlefish for dealing with app config
(specifically, "set", "show", and "describe").

That said, I can't see any reason why you couldn't use Clique without
registering any Cuttlefish schemas, and just ignore the Cuttlefish
integration features. I don't think there's currently a way to completely
disable set/show/describe, so those commands would still be present, and
just wouldn't be useful for much. Not the prettiest solution, but maybe not
so bad in practice.

I think it would be nice if there were a way to more fully decouple Clique
from Cuttlefish for cases like yours. It will probably never be a priority
for us at Basho since we have no need to use Clique without Cuttlefish, but
if someone were to submit a well-written pull request from the community,
I'd be happy to consider it!

Nick