[erlang-questions] Disable Distribution

Magnus Henoch magnus@REDACTED
Thu Apr 14 19:03:13 CEST 2016

Yes, leaving out the -sname/-name option is enough. You can verify this by
looking for open ports for "beam" processes with netstat:

$ netstat -ltpn | grep beam

With -sname, it shows one open port:

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:36551           0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      29262/beam.smp

Without -sname, it shows nothing.

Regards,
Magnus