[erlang-questions] While we're talking about adding functions... how about file:unconsult/1 or some such?

lloyd@REDACTED lloyd@REDACTED
Thu Apr 14 00:50:11 CEST 2016

Hello,

Nice discussion at the moment on this list re: adding map functions.

In a parallel vein, I'd like to strongly second  zxq9's request for an inverse function for file:consult/1.

https://zxq9.com/archives/1021

I've run up against the absence of such a function several times and, each time, reached into Joe Armstrong's book for a solution. As you'd expect, by the time I find the right page and copy out the code, my mind is well off topic at hand; takes minutes to get back into the swing--- unless I happen to get distracted by Hacker News or some other time waster, in which case it might be hours before I remember what I needed the function for in the first place. Chalk it up to distractibility of the aging brain.

Ran into the problem again moments ago and thought I'd checked into what others on the list might have had to say about the issue--- which brought me to zxq9's eloquent request.

So, can say, "Pretty please?"

Many thanks,

LRP

My books:

THE GOSPEL OF ASHES
http://thegospelofashes.com

Strength is not enough. Do they have the courage
and the cunning? Can they survive long enough to
save the lives of millions?

FREEIN' PANCHO
http://freeinpancho.com

A community of misfits help a troubled boy find his way

AYA TAKEO
http://ayatakeo.com

Star-crossed love, war and power in an alternative
universe

Available through Amazon or by request from your
favorite bookstore