[erlang-questions] ...ANY KIND, either express or implied

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Mon Apr 11 06:24:04 CEST 2016

On 11/04/16 3:43 pm, Leo Liu wrote:
> In many module headers in OTP there is this sentence:
>
>          %% WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
>
> I wonder if `express' should be changed to `expressed'.
No.

OED "express, adj" sense 3a:
     Of a meaning, purpose, stipulation, law, etc.:
     Expressed and not merely implied; definitely formulated;
     definite, explicit.  Of language, statements, indications:
     Definite, unmistakable in import.

Standard legal language.  You find exactly the same words in
the MIT "License", for example.