[erlang-questions] how to report errata in the Erlang User's Guide?

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Fri Apr 8 17:35:54 CEST 2016

Goodness - this strikes me as an enormously heavy way to
report a typo. If I saw a typo and to fix it I had to download
MBytes of code then trawl around in the code and *hope* that
I'd found the place to fix it I probably wouldn't bother.

The best way I've seen to report typos (and any other error) is
in the on-line version of real-world haskell - I suggest you take a look
at the following link - and pretend you want to report an error/typo

   http://book.realworldhaskell.org/read/io.html

Here you can click on the comment link on any paragraph and report
an error or typo - there in NO signup, no git push this and that.

If the wikipedia required you to download the entire sources,
find the error then send a pull request to somebody there would be no
wikipedia.

Fixing a typo is a small contribution that anybody can make - even if
they know nothing about git. Small contributions should require
minimal effort
to make. This is not the case.

The next time we improve the documentation system we should make sure
that suggesting improvements is really really easy.

The Real World Haskell book site is still in my opinion the best way to
manage collaborative inputs - unlike the wikipedia, it's a few authors
many eyes model, which I like. Many eyes find the bugs and suggest
improvements, but the final responsibility is that of the authors,
so it has a point of view with which I can agree or disagree.

BTW if anybody knows of a better example that RWH then please let
me know

Cheers

/Joe