[erlang-questions] Feedback wanted: Remove compilation times from BEAM files in OTP 19?

Éric Pailleau eric.pailleau@REDACTED
Fri Apr 8 14:11:05 CEST 2016

Hi,
Beam files are separated in different chunks.
All dynamic information should be placed in a separate chunck Mho.
And sha1sum of code part, or checksum of its canonical abstract code maybe available in a chunk, existing or new one.
This could allow to know that a beam, even without the same checksum on the file globally,  run the same code than another Beam file, and so be able to do some Nix like distribution.

Compiler version allow to estimate what Erlang version compiled the beam. This is something to keep I think.

Regards

"Envoyé depuis mon mobile " Eric

---- Matthias Rieber a écrit ----