[erlang-questions] Feedback wanted: Remove compilation times from BEAM files in OTP 19?

Björn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Fri Apr 8 12:32:09 CEST 2016

As long as anyone can remember, the compilation time has been included
in BEAM files (and can be retrieved using module_info()).

As far as I know, the inclusion of the time has only caused problems.
I can't remember that anyone has found any use for the compilation
time.

So if we decide to remove the compilation time by default in OTP 19...

... would it cause any problem for someone in some workflow?

... would we need an option to include the compilation time?

/Bjorn