[erlang-questions] Should we deprecate or modernize log_mf_h and rb?

Siri Hansen erlangsiri@REDACTED
Fri Apr 1 12:43:59 CEST 2016

Hello list!

log_mf_h is an error_logger event handler which logs events to disk and
does log rotation. rb (report browser) is the tool for reading and
formatting the logs. The implementation of both modules is quite old and
outdated. The fact that there is a size field for the events of only 16
bits, which we haven't got any complaints for, has made us believe that
there might not be many users of these tools. I'm writing to the list to
find out if this is correct...

Are you using log_mf_h (e.g. by setting environment variables
'error_logger_mf_*' in sasl) and rb? If so, why - is it the log rotation or
the binary logging (or both) that you are really after? Have you considered
alternative tools?

Kind Regards
/siri@REDACTED