[erlang-questions] Mnesia disc_copies

Leonard Boyce leonard.boyce@REDACTED
Fri Sep 25 16:08:07 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can clarify this for me as I feel like a bit of an
idiot right now.

For some reason I've always been under the impression that mnesia
disc_copies does not keep *all* data memory resident. IE it allows for
'most recent' data to remain memory resident, while persisting all
data to disc.

Reading the doc, it appears I am 100% incorrect and that *all* data in
a disc_copies table is both memory resident *and* persisted to disc.
from the doc, "disc_copies ... If a table is of type disc_copies at a
certain node, the entire table is resident in RAM memory and on
disc.".

Is this correct?

Thanks,
Leonard