[erlang-questions] TLS cipher suite with Galois Counter Mode (GCM)

Jean-Sébastien Pédron jean-sebastien.pedron@REDACTED
Wed Sep 23 09:36:42 CEST 2015

On 09.09.2015 11:38, John Foldager wrote:
> We'll probably upgrade directly from Erlang 16.x to 18.x, but we need
> to know the following:
>
> - Will RabbitMQ team be supportive if issues arise with the
> combination of Erlang 18.x and RabbitMQ 3.5.4+ ?

Yes. One thing we already did was to replace the deprecated erlang:now/0
with the new Time API; it will be available in RabbitMQ 3.6.0.

> - Will RabbitMQ be able to handle the GCM ciphers? My guess is yes
> because I would believe that RabbitMQ is only using the Erlang SSL/TLS
> layer and not restricting anything in it if it is supported.

Yes, as you said, RabbitMQ does not do anything special with the TLS
parameters.

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron