[erlang-questions] user process suspended

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Tue Sep 22 16:42:58 CEST 2015

On 09/22, Samuel wrote:

>What do you mean with IO stuff stalling? Temporarily or permanently?
>We do send quite some io, but the systems stops to io when this
>happens and never recovers (we need to restart the node).

It's been a while, but I do believe it was temporary for us. Like the
EC2 instances output would drop from say 10MB/s capacity down to 150kb/s
for blips of anywhere between 2 and 10 minutes. The degradation in
performance all but stalled everything we had that kept expecting
multiple MB/s of output to be possible.