[erlang-questions] user process suspended

Samuel samuelrivas@REDACTED
Tue Sep 22 16:24:26 CEST 2015

> The first step should be to check if the server is still listening on the
> assigned port (may be 80).

It is, but the connections timeout. I haven't traced that yet, but I
suspect the processes don't get any message from the outside, as they
don't have them in the inbox when dropping the crashdump.

> You can check the mailbox length of relevant processes to confirm if the
> mailbox sizes are increasing, using the process information API.

The mailboxes increasing are lager_event (faster) and error_logger
(slower). Most processes have empty inboxes.

> If you are handling gen_tcp your self instead of using a http library, check
> how you have configured the 'active' option. {active, once} can sometimes be
> a culprit, if you don't do it right.

We use webmachine/mochiweb. I haven't traced that part yet as it seems
to be a more generic problem since other processes stop writing to
files too.

Best
--
Samuel