[erlang-questions] Erlang OTP 18 memory leak / SSL

Sat Sep 19 21:22:39 CEST 2015

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 6:34 PM, Sereysethy TOUCH <
touch.sereysethy@REDACTED> wrote:

> I just recently updated Erlang to latest version OTP 18 on Ubuntu server.
> It uses cowboy (websocket), ranch, ssl, erlydtl & rabbitmq. It used to work
> fine in OTP 17. The program is correctly compiled but during the execution
> the memory kept increasing. I need to restart the process every one or two
> hours to free some memory.

1. Get a shell console on the node
2. call 'memory().' in the shell
3. If it reports ets as the winner, call
4. ets:i().

This will give you a nice overview for where to look and verify it is the
SSL problem.

--
J.