[erlang-questions] Erlang OTP 18 memory leak / SSL

Sereysethy TOUCH touch.sereysethy@REDACTED
Sat Sep 19 18:34:18 CEST 2015

Hello,

I just recently updated Erlang to latest version OTP 18 on Ubuntu server.
It uses cowboy (websocket), ranch, ssl, erlydtl & rabbitmq. It used to work
fine in OTP 17. The program is correctly compiled but during the execution
the memory kept increasing. I need to restart the process every one or two
hours to free some memory.

I have read a post here [
http://erlang.2086793.n4.nabble.com/R18-Unbounded-SSL-Session-ETS-Table-Growth-td4713697.html]
which discussed about the ssl_session_cache ETS table which can become very
large.

The process beam.smp can go up to more than 5G during a few hours of
executions.

I am not yet sure what is the root cause of this issue.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or where should I look at?

Thanks, Sethy