[erlang-questions] 答复: JSON for STDLIB

全卓 zhuo.quan@REDACTED
Mon Sep 7 04:35:00 CEST 2015

Expect that too.

发件人: Theepan
发送时间: 2015年9月7日 9:34
收件人: Erlang Questions Mailing List
主题: [erlang-questions] JSON for STDLIB

Team,

Is there any reason why a JSON library is not included into Erlang/OTP releases? Since it was initially planned for telco systems, it includes ASN.1 library. It has some other transfer-format libraries as well.

Since Erlang is now widely used in internet domain, I believe that inclusion of JSON library under STDLIB is essential. There are many open source variants, but I like Jiffy and Jsx. They support MAPS too.

I propose to the stakeholders, to include one of them into the Erlang/OTP package. This will ensure the continuity of the library as well.

I don't think JSON will die very soon, although it is loosely defined. Some times, loose definition is its strength.

Theepan