[erlang-questions] Second Call for Contributions: BOB 2016 - Berlin, Feb 19, 2016 (Deadline Oct 30)

Michael Sperber sperber@REDACTED
Thu Oct 22 11:23:45 CEST 2015

Erlang contributions very welcome!

			 BOB Conference 2016
	 "What happens when we use what's best for a change?"
		  http://bobkonf.de/2016/en/cfp.html
			 Berlin, February 19
			Call for Contributions
		      Deadline: October 30, 2015

You drive advanced software engineering methods, implement ambitious
architectures and are open to cutting-edge innovation? Attend this
conference, meet people that share your goals, and get to know the
best software tools and technologies available today. We strive to
offer a day full of new experiences and impressions that you can
use to immediately improve your daily life as a software developer.

If you share our vision and want to contribute, submit a proposal for
a talk or tutorial!

Topics
------

We are looking for talks about best-of-breed software technology,
e.g.:

- functional programming
- reactive programming
- persistent data structures and databases
- types
- formal methods for correctness and robustness
- ... everything really that isn't mainstream, but you think should be.

Presenters should provide the audience with information that is
practically useful for software developers.  This could take the form
of e.g.:

- experience reports
- introductory talks on technical background
- demos and how-tos

Requirements
------------

We accept proposals for presentations of 45 minutes (40 minutes talk +
5 minutes questions), as well as 90 minute tutorials for beginners.
The language of presentation should be either English or German.

Your proposal should include (in your presentation language of choice):

- an abstract of max. 1500 characters.
- a short bio/cv
- contact information (including at least email address)
- a list of 3-5 concrete ideas of how your work can be applied in a developer's daily life
- additional material (websites, blogs, slides, videos of past
  presentations, ...)

Submit here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IrCa3ilxMrO2h1G1WC4ywoxdz8wohxaPW3dfiB0cq-8/viewform?usp=send_form

Organisation
------------

- submit your proposal here
  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IrCa3ilxMrO2h1G1WC4ywoxdz8wohxaPW3dfiB0cq-8/viewform?usp=send_form
- direct questions to `bobkonf at active minus group dot de`
- proposal deadline: **October 30, 2015**
- notification: November 15, 2015
- program: December 1, 2015

NOTE: The conference fee will be waived for presenters, but travel
      expenses will not be covered.

Speaker Grants
--------------

BOB has Speaker Grants available to support speakers from groups
under-represented in technology.  We specifically seek women speakers
and speakers who not be able to attend the conference for financial
reasons.  Details are here:

http://bobkonf.de/2016/en/speaker-grants.html

Shepherding
-----------

The program committee offers shepherding to all speakers.  Shepherding
provides speakers assistance with preparing their sessions, as well as
a review of the talk slides.

Program Committee
-----------------

(more information here: http://bobkonf.de/2016/programmkomitee.html)

- Matthias Fischmann, zerobuzz UG
- Matthias Neubauer, SICK AG
- Nicole Rauch, Softwareentwicklung und Entwicklungscoaching
- Michael Sperber, Active Group
- Stefan Wehr, factis research

Scientific Advisory Board

- Annette Bieniusa, TU Kaiserslautern