[erlang-questions] [erlang-bugs] [ANN] Announcing Erlang Issue Tracker bugs.erlang.org

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Wed Oct 21 21:38:51 CEST 2015

On 10/21/2015 09:29 PM, Jesper Louis Andersen wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 9:00 PM, Kostis Sagonas <kostis@REDACTED
> <mailto:kostis@REDACTED>> wrote:
>
>     Why re-invent the wheel (and complicate our lives)?
>

> On the Jira/Bugzilla scale, Github Issues tracks in at about 1 nano-Jira.
>
> That is, Jira can do some things in the enterprise setting which you
> can't easily get with Github. It is nice for small simple projects, but
> there are many large projects which run their "own" Jira-instances for
> the reason of interoperating. If I remember correctly, Jira can link to
> other internal Jira's at Ericsson, which is necessary to be able to
> track issues cross-projects, some of which are obviously internal and
> closed source. Given such constraints, running your own instance on the
> "outside of the firewall/walled garden" is the right choice.

Would be good to at least be able to log in with your Github account, if
nothing else. Apparently it can use OpenID for log in, but for some
reason it's restricted to Erlang Central accounts. Adding Github would
make it easier to contributors since they already have an account on Github.

--
Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu