[erlang-questions] "bad receive timeout value " error

Paul Peregud paulperegud@REDACTED
Sat Oct 17 14:36:58 CEST 2015

handle_info(Msg, Bot) ->
    process_inf(Msg, Bot),
    {noreply, normal, Bot}. %% <--- this is the line that crashes your process.

When you are returning 3 element tuple from handle_info,
gen_server.erl assumes that third element of the tuple is a timeout
value. And you are returning Bot, which is not integer() nor
'infinity'.

For details - check docs of gen_server. More specifically definition
of callback function Module:handle_info/3.

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 4:55 PM, derek <denc716@REDACTED> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 7:25 AM, 谈广云 <fw339tgy@REDACTED> wrote:
>>
>> hi ,
>> everybody,
>>
>> I wrote a  program, using the reader module to receive data, and then on the wrong.
>
> Why not include your program in the email body?
>
> I saw you have a .rar compressed attachment, but in the mailing list,
> no one want to look at your attachment, especially when it's in
> proprietary format

Best regards,
Paul Peregud
+48602112091