[erlang-questions] Mnesia

Gordon Guthrie gguthrie@REDACTED
Wed Oct 14 09:25:33 CEST 2015

Mnesia is also a pain when it partitions - you have to write your own reconciliation programmes.

There has been a lot of work done on eventual consistency in *the other* Erlang database - Riak (disclaimer I am working at Basho now)

Riak implements eventual consistency - and post-partition self-healing using Consistent Replicated Data Types (or CRDTs) and the canonical set of standalone CRDT libraries is written in Erlang:
https://github.com/basho/riak_dt <https://github.com/basho/riak_dt>

There is a comprehensive reading list here:
https://christophermeiklejohn.com/crdt/2014/07/22/readings-in-crdts.html <https://christophermeiklejohn.com/crdt/2014/07/22/readings-in-crdts.html>

The combination of using Klarna’s (forthcoming) leveldb backend and a CRDT eventual consistency layer on top would be an interesting start offering a distributed transactional database with eventual consistency

Gordon