[erlang-questions] use inet_res:getbyname get timeout when a lot of processes called

John Doe donpedrothird@REDACTED
Sat Oct 3 23:13:16 CEST 2015

DNS resolving is slow, DNS servers could throttle requests going from the
same IP. You would get this problem in any language. You would need to
rotate multiple DNS servers to make it work. Look at {nameservers, [
nameserver() <http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/inet_res.html#type-nameserver>]}
option.