[erlang-questions] looking into actor-based algorithms?

Rich Morin rdm@REDACTED
Thu May 28 18:43:26 CEST 2015

Thank you for the interesting and thoughtful response.  I've taken the
liberty of reposting it in my thread on elixir-lang-talk, in the hopes
of encouraging discussion of these challenges in the context of Elixir.

>> Then you go to the afterword, after 470 pages of content and algorithm
>> reading, down to the section "A Series of Books" where it is suddenly
>> revealed to you that the book's purpose was in fact to have algorithms
>> about failure-free asynchronous systems (these things don't really
>> exist, they're always failure prone in some way!  They're more of a
>> mental framework to explore the algorithms themselves)

I ran across that section myself.  Sadly, none of the books look relevant
enough to justify the high prices demanded by $pringer.  "The Handbook of
Neuroevolution Through Erlang" is even more expensive, so I doubt that
I'll be buying it any time soon.  Sigh.

Feel free to wander over and join that discussion; you may find that a
few Elixeros are willing to consider using Actors for odd purposes...

-r

 --
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm           Rich Morin           rdm@REDACTED
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume    San Bruno, CA, USA   +1 650-873-7841

Software system design, development, and documentation