[erlang-questions] Windows

Tristan Sloughter t@REDACTED
Wed May 20 17:07:45 CEST 2015

Shouldn't C code be fine when built with rebar? Makefiles are an issue
only if the project doesn't also support rebar.

That said, with rebar3 we've recently been debating what to do about
this and the most annoying thing in my opinion is Travis-CI's lack of
Windows support. Not that I blame them, Microsoft has made their money
making something like that hard and is only now attempting to reverse
decades of screw ups -- Windows containers coming in 2016, which
hopefully don't require some crazy license to run for building open
source projects like Travis does.

If anyone has a suggestion for free Windows CI it would be much
appreciated.

But Windows support will always have trouble as long as a developer
can't easily (and freely) spin up a test environment -- and varying test
environments, some locked down Windows free VM doesn't cut it. The only
reason this isn't the case for OSX is so many devs use it, so I can just
wait for them to find the bugs :)

--
  Tristan Sloughter
  t@REDACTED