[erlang-questions] Windows

Dan Gudmundsson dangud@REDACTED
Wed May 20 12:30:52 CEST 2015

Does not cygwin still produce executables that depend on cygwin.dll, i.e.
non native windows programs
that will not work if you do not have cygwin (I know you can crosscompile
with mingw compilers but that does not make
it easier).

I have ditched cygwin since long ago, and I prefer mingw and msys, it works
and you can use Microsoft compiler or mingw compilers.
rebar works and even erlang.mk worked as far as I tried it.

IMO cygwin is a rabbit hole, do not go there it just makes it worse.