[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP 18.0-rc2 is available for testing

Rickard Green rickard@REDACTED
Fri May 15 12:50:40 CEST 2015

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 7:29 PM, Michael Truog <mjtruog@REDACTED> wrote:
> On 05/13/2015 06:32 AM, Rickard Green wrote:
>>
>> I broke it :-/ I'll unbreak it and post a notification here when it
>> has been fixed in master. I can not promise exactly when that will
>> happen, but at least before the actual release.
>
> When 18.0-rc1 was released the timer wheel size per scheduler was larger
> (http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-bugs/2015-April/004907.html) and the
> size was decreased due to problems related to the larger size. I was
> wondering if there are any plans to add an erts option that can be adjusted
> from the erl command line, so that testing can determine if a larger timer
> wheel size per scheduler is beneficial.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

No plans for that. This since the usage of the wheel has been changed,
and by this the main reason for increasing the size is gone.

Regards,
Rickard
--
Rickard Green, Erlang/OTP, Ericsson AB