[erlang-questions] HEART

Tristan Sloughter t@REDACTED
Tue May 12 18:58:20 CEST 2015

I'd suggest relx (github.com/erlware/relx) or rebar3 which use relx
http://www.rebar3.org/v3.0/docs/releases

I've never had to do what you are trying to do but I know the
extended_start_script has the ability to return the pid of the running
node and `start` uses `run_erl` for running as a daemon and allows
attaching through a fifo pipe.

It would be great to improve the generated release scripts and whatever
else we can to make this easier.