[erlang-questions] Erlang update on CentOS

zxq9 zxq9@REDACTED
Wed May 6 12:11:35 CEST 2015

On 2015年5月6日 水曜日 10:04:19 Lee Sylvester wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> So, I'm updating a server from R16.1B to 17.5.  I now have 17 existing
> in /usr/lib64/erlang and R16B in /usr/local/lib/erlang, but when I run
> erl, it runs the R16B version.
>
> Does anyone know where the path is that I need to change to update the
> wanted erlang install location?

Since none of us know how your packages are installed (or if they are packages)...

To see what path is being found first, try:

  which erl

Using the "locate" command can be helpful, especially if you search for "bin/erlc" instead of just erl. On a Debian system, for example, I see:

  ceverett@REDACTED:~$ locate bin/erlc
  /usr/bin/erlc
  /usr/lib/erlang/bin/erlc
  /usr/lib/erlang/erts-6.4/bin/erlc

Looking a bit closer:

  ceverett@REDACTED:~$ which erlc
  /usr/bin/erlc

And looking even closer:

  ceverett@REDACTED:~$ ls -l $(which erlc)
  lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22  4月  2 19:23 /usr/bin/erlc -> ../lib/erlang/bin/erlc

Hopefully this gives you a place to start.

On a Fedora derivative You may want to use the alternatives command to simplify management of this sort of thing:
( http://zxq9.com/archives/934 )

-Craig