[erlang-questions] [ANN] Erlang/OTP 18.0-rc1 is available for testing.

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Thu Mar 26 22:13:01 CET 2015

Here is our wrapper around ffmpeg libavcodec:

https://gist.github.com/maxlapshin/b0a1cb075daf1f2110b9

When I use dirty nifs (uncomment // #define USE_DIRTY_NIFS),
after some time of working, whole erlang VM goes down in CPU usage, slowdown
response in console and starts timeouting on HTTP requests.

When I start thread per instance of encoder/decoder, everything works.

Usual time, spent in one such long call is around 10-20 ms.