[erlang-questions] Announcing Erlang.org Code of Conduct

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Thu Mar 26 12:48:53 CET 2015

On 03/26/2015 12:32 PM, zxq9 wrote:
> No, there is a semantic ambiguity here -- until you use your wizardly powers
> to write a mail client that can not only display your mail, but can also
> interpret what its author intended you see.

I want my email client to display emails the way *I* want to read them,
not the way *you* want me to see them. The former case is doable, the
latter case impossible with the variety of devices and configurations.

So there is absolutely no need to interpret what the author wanted me to
see. All I need is more options in my client.

Of course if what your goal is the latter case then you don't have much
choice other than restrict everyone to a specific set of rules and
software, cutting yourself from the practices of the rest of the world.
Good luck with that.

I'll leave it at that, we just have different views on how emails should
be consumed.

Cheers,

--
Loïc Hoguin