[erlang-questions] Beginner Questions (Random)

Rad Gruchalski radek@REDACTED
Wed Mar 25 20:05:30 CET 2015

Hi Harit,

Regarding your second question.
I had a number of attempts at Erlang and I was able to grasp how does it work and what problems it solves only by learning OTP first. I found “Designing for Scalability with Erlang/OTP” extremely useful.
Once I could write a fully functional (in terms of working) app using OTP, I could progress to understand how OTP itself works and thus learn all the necessary underlaying concepts (spawn, spawn_link, spawn_monitor, process and so on). OTP purifies everything what’s good in Erlang.
I understand everybody has a different learning curve, just sharing my experience.

Kind regards,

Radek Gruchalski

radek@REDACTED (mailto:radek@REDACTED)
 (mailto:radek@REDACTED)
de.linkedin.com/in/radgruchalski/ (http://de.linkedin.com/in/radgruchalski/)

Confidentiality:
This communication is intended for the above-named person and may be confidential and/or legally privileged.
If it has come to you in error you must take no action based on it, nor must you copy or show it to anyone; please delete/destroy and inform the sender immediately.