[erlang-questions] Announcing Erlang.org Code of Conduct

Vincent de Phily vincent.dephily@REDACTED
Fri Mar 20 13:36:02 CET 2015

On Thursday 19 March 2015 07:35:30 Bengt Kleberg wrote:
> A top post with all the previous content below can save me time. It acts
> like a cache. I do not have to locate the right email in the archive if
> I want to check something.

I'm happy for you that you saved a precious 5 seconds not bothering with
inline-quoting (or 1 second if your mailer knows to only quote the highlighted
text when replying).

I'm less happy that I had to spend 0.5 seconds double-checking the quoted part
to make sure there wasn't any actual content left (thankfully I trust that you
didn't misquote me, and didn't waste time checking that). If more than 10
people have read your email and my statistics are somewhat correct, the
decision to top-post has caused a net time loss for the community.

Please, if you don't have time for inline quoting, don't quote at all. If you
can't configure your mailer to do the right thing, hit "Ctrl-A Suppr" before
you start typing.

--
Vincent de Phily