[erlang-questions] Announcing Erlang.org Code of Conduct

Heinz Nikolaus Gies heinz@REDACTED
Wed Mar 18 18:09:22 CET 2015

I honestly think,
the place where you post a reply, or how long your lines are have no place in a Code of Conduct. It has nothing to do with how you conduct yourself, there will always be people who prefer one over the other and most modern mail client take care of formatting it to the way you like (wrapping lines at the window width, collapsing nested quotes etc.) If anything rules like that seem to go against the idea of being inclusive.

The only reason I can think of including those kinds of rules into a code of conduct would be impact on screen readers for people with eyesight problems, however I have no idea how it affects them it would however be interesting of hearing from someone with experience of that.
---
Cheers,
Heinz Nikolaus Gies
heinz@REDACTED