[erlang-questions] Announcing Erlang.org Code of Conduct

Gordon Guthrie gguthrie@REDACTED
Wed Mar 18 14:32:54 CET 2015

> Most people I know in the Erlang community use the Better form most of
the time, and the Good form on occasion, which is why the CoC feels so
unnecessary to me.

I will repeat what I said previously - you don't write supervisions trees
for process that don't crash - and you don't write codes of conduct for
flame wars about bloody editors

I can't think of a single example from the mailing list which would draw
down the CoC - and that's a good thing.

I am introducing a CoC for Erlang events because I have become aware of
sexual assaults against female engineers at tech events (some of which I
have attended).

This discussion is all getting a bit self indulgent.

Pretending that the context of this CoC is NOT people reading horror
stories about tech in their newspapers is all very la-la-la-la

I do agree with Gareth when he said the introduction of it has not been
handled very well - a Request For Comment first might have been a good
idea...

Gordon