[erlang-questions] Including other peoples code in my code in a future proof way

Judson Lester nyarly@REDACTED
Wed Mar 18 00:14:10 CET 2015

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 2:51 PM Leandro Ostera <me@REDACTED> wrote:

> Is there any sort of centralized repository for this?

Not to open a can of worms again, but this is the question that a
centralized package repository is designed to address. I think releases are
a fab way to distribute complete erlang applications (even as I'm still
digesting the implications of that), but I'm not as convinced about using
them to distribute libraries.

OTP has been the way that Erlang libs get distributed for a long time, from
what I understand, but there are a number of use cases that aren't general
enough to be included in OTP, or where there's very active work in a
problem space (e.g. pooling).

Judson