[erlang-questions] Announcing Erlang.org Code of Condu

Jim jim.rosenblum@REDACTED
Sat Mar 14 01:52:59 CET 2015

Folks,
I love the Erlang eco-system, and by "Eco-system" I include the beam, the language - syntax included - and *this* community. I read the digest every day and have tried to post only sparingly.  I have benefitted from the groups' generosity more than once and would like to pay that generosity back. So, I am confused by the CoC because I don't understand what existing problem it is designed to solve. The very few examples of friction I have seen seemed to end quickly and, in general, provide as much entertainment as frustration. Having said this, I could get behind and even advocate for a CoC if I better understood what problem we are trying to solve. If the problem is worse than the medicine, I always take the medicine.