[erlang-questions] Immutable isn't static Was: Re: Process scope variable

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Fri Mar 13 05:39:18 CET 2015

On 13/03/2015, at 11:23 am, Imants Cekusins <imantc@REDACTED> wrote:

> more common usage of static in computer programming relates to “object property/method” instead of “class”.
>
> Radek, I use words to explain my thoughts. People often mean different things by the same word and vice versa.
>
> It is good to understand someone, even if we both use wrong words - as long as we both try to understand each other.
>
> Choosing the right words is important. However the key purpose of constructive communication is exchange of ideas, understanding.

Right!  And if we claim Humpty-Dumpty's privilege of using words to mean whatever
we want them to instead of what other people expect them to mean, well,
there's glory for you.