[erlang-questions] Erlang - Java symmetric encryption

Antonis Kouzoupis kouzan@REDACTED
Sat Mar 7 13:57:51 CET 2015

Hi,

Thank you all for your responses. Luckily the problem was more easy, as an
erlang *newbie* I wasn't pattern matching correctly against some value resulting
in different keys at the two entities (Erlang - Java).

For the record, in the system I'm building two mobile devices will communicate
encrypted with a session key, which they both hold, issued by the erlang server.
(Needham-Schroeder protocol) [0] The point is to avoid public-key cryptography
which is more "expensive" and to keep the environment of the communicating
counterparts closed to foreign ones, so I don't want to use TLS.

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Needham%E2%80%93Schroeder_protocol

BR
--
Αντώνης Κουζούπης