[erlang-questions] New Erlang EBook
Richard A. O'Keefe
Thu Mar 5 22:37:40 CET 2015
Traditional publishing offers a number of things
- advertising (sending information about an Erlang book to this mailing
list is pretty good at that)
- distribution (downloading a PDF covers that)
- reviewing. Not post-publication reviews (though it would be good to
have book reviews at www.erlang.org), but pre-publication ones: is
this worth publishing?
- editing. This includes idiom, grammar, spelling, punctuation, help
with layout and diagrams, spotting omissions and duplications &c
- negotiation to use copyright material (like the cover of my Prolog book).
There can be community support for editing, so well edited free books are
not impossible. But good editing is not free. *Someone* has to pay.
More information about the erlang-questions