[erlang-questions] socks5 types in inet_db?

Benoit Chesneau bchesneau@REDACTED
Tue Aug 18 11:15:50 CEST 2015

I was looking at the code of inet_db and saw the following types:

     %% Socks5 options
     %% socks5_server Server - IP address of the socks5 server
     %% socks5_port Port - TCP port of the socks5 server
     %% socks5_methods Ls - List of authentication methods
     %% socks5_noproxy IPs - List of {Net,Subnetmask}

https://github.com/erlang/otp/blob/maint/lib/kernel/src/inet_db.erl#L822-L827

I wonder how it's used right now. Is there any modules that are using them?
Can it be used by external modules?

Btw why the inet_db module has no public documentation?

- benoît