[erlang-questions] Refactoring in anger (Felix Gallo)

Josh Adams josh.rubyist@REDACTED
Sun Aug 9 22:30:38 CEST 2015

Threads like this are 100% of the joy I get from the ML.  Between the
actual help, the rant, the minor drama, the detailed exposition of
what it means to write good code based around a simple example, and
the admission from a creator of the language that he's 'still learning
how to write pretty Erlang code', I think this thread is the best
example of the best things this list provides.

I hesitated to even poke in here just to say this, but I think
community is important and I love the effort that goes in to it.

-Josh

On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 10:47 AM, Garrett Smith <g@REDACTED> wrote:
> It's going to look for geom.beam in the current working directory. You
> need to compile geom.erl.
>
> To check what the VM sees in the current directory run this:
>
>> ls().
>
> On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 10:44 AM, Roelof Wobben <r.wobben@REDACTED> wrote:
>> Op 9-8-2015 om 17:33 schreef Garrett Smith:
>>>
>>> What error are you seeing?
>>>

>> I see this output:
>>
>> 1> c(ask_area).
>>  {ok,ask_area}
>> 2> ask_area:area().
>> R)ectangle, T)riangle, or E)llipse > R
>> Enter width > 2
>> Enter height > 4
>> ** exception error: undefined function geom:area/3
>>

>> Roelof
>>

>> ---
>> Dit e-mailbericht is gecontroleerd op virussen met Avast antivirussoftware.

Josh Adams