[erlang-questions] wrapperless NIF module?

Sverker Eriksson sverker.eriksson@REDACTED
Mon Apr 27 16:40:31 CEST 2015

On 04/22/2015 03:52 PM, Daniel Goertzen wrote:
> I was thinking about the little Erlang wrapper that you need around a
> NIF module and then it hit me:  Could the Erlang wrapper be thrown out
> and the NIF module plopped into ebin/ and directly loaded like a .beam
> file?  I'm curious if this has been attempted or is even possible.

Have not been attempted to my knowledge.
Would be possible from a VM perspective by creating the "wrapper module"
dynamically in memory.

Problem areas that I can think of are
* missing module_info
* missing type info (dialyzer)
* all the code that expect files to be named *.beam

/Sverker, Erlang/OTP